Whether traveling or celebrating at home, the CDC has created guidelines to help Americans celebrate Thanksgiving as safely as possible amid rapidly rising infection rates.
The CDC includes tips for attending a Thanksgiving gathering including having the meal outdoors, wearing a mask while not eating, staying 6 feet apart from those you don’t live with, etc.
For those hosting the meal they suggest:
- “Have a small outdoor meal with family and friends who live in your community.
- Limit the number of guests.
- Have conversations with guests ahead of time to set expectations for celebrating together.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and items between use.
- If celebrating indoors, bring in fresh air by opening windows and doors, if possible. You can use a window fan in one of the open windows to blow air out of the window. This will pull fresh air in through the other open windows.
- Limit the number of people in food preparation areas.
- Have guests bring their own food and drink.
- If sharing food, have one person serve food and use single-use options, like plastic utensils.”
Read the full article here.